Vegan brownie formula with banana flour and applesauce
Have you tried my Sensational, sugar-free, gluten-free vegan brownie recipe with chickpeas and prunes? I have posted it a few weeks ago for you.
Today’s recipe is for those who feel OK to add a touch of coconut sugar to their home-made bakings. Take it!
This brownie formula with banana flour and applesauce is worth ten points: fluffy, brown, most reminiscent of the original brownie, although there is a slightly different and less sweet taste.
GET THE RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
There are a few things which I have changed/adjusted in the recipe if comparing with the original recipe by Natalie Grain-free banana flour chocolate chip cake, March 27, 2017
Applesauce – I have replaced canned applesauce with home-made applesauce from apples. Benefits? Easy to make, no need to search for unsweetened applesauce in a store, fresh, no preservatives or other additives which are usual in any canned products
Water bath for melting chocolate and cashew butter – these two ingredients when melted before adding into a dry mixture are easier to combine and give additional fluffiness to the texture
Fan mode for baking – for short baking (up to 30 min as in this recipe) I use fan mode, not a conventional mode, and therefore reduce the temperature by 20 °C / 70 °F. Fan (convection) mode allows hot air to circulate around the oven. Therefore, using fan mode, the outside of brownie bakes faster and browns more evenly, leaving the interior still juicy
Stay gluten-free: Sensational vegan brownie with banana flour and applesauce
|EQUIPMENT||blender, brownie pan (20 x 12 cm / 8 × 5 inches)|
|Passive time||30 min (for baking)|
|Active time||30 min|
|TOTAL TIME||1 h|
|Banana flour||120 g||1 cup|
|Coconut sugar||40 g||1/3 cup|
|Salt||1/8 tsp||1/8 tsp|
|Baking soda||1/2 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Vanilla bourbon powder||1/2 – 1 tsp||1/2 – 1 tsp|
|Cashew butter||90 g||1/3 cup|
|Low-sugar dark vegan chocolate||50 g||1/4 cup|
|Apples||2 (around 320 g)||2|
|Water||120 ml||1/3 cup|
- Preheat the oven to 150 C / 300 F (fan mode)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry powder ingredients (we will add chocolate, cashew butter and applesauce later). Stir with a whisk to fully combine
- Prepare applesauce: blend in a blender pieces of apples with water, take 300 g / 1 cup of a fresh applesauce for baking
- Melt pieces of chocolate and cashew butter together over a water bat, then fold in
- Transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes at 150 C / 300 F
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
You may keep totally cooled down leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a week. Enjoy!