I continue the idea to make recipes not only for myself (sugar-free), but also for others who are “not hooked on sugar”. You may find the previous sweet recipe, based on beetroot molasse, called AMARANTUS DISCS WITH BEET MOLASSE.
Later, I came to this bonbon recipe by experimenting at a kitchen. Really, the world has never tried these before!!!. They are amazingly tasty!!!
For those who accept molasses as a source of sweet taste it might be a super new recipe!!!
Coco-Beet Bonbons: for those who accept molasses
|EQUIPMENT||small whisk, silicone molds|
|Passive time||2 h|
|Active time||30 min|
|TOTAL TIME||2 h 30 min|
|Coconut, dried, shredded type||40 g||1/2 cup|
|Expanded amaranthus||15 g||0.5 cup|
|Peanut butter||80 g||1/3 cup|
|Beetroot molasse||60 g||1/4 cup|
|Chia seeds||2 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
|Cacao powder||1 tsp||1 tsp|
|Hot water||10 ml / 10 g||10 ml / 10 g|
- Soak cacao beans in water for 5 min, then easily remove outer shell with knife or fingers nd cut in small pieces
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded coconut, amaranthus, chia seeds and cacao powder and cacao beans’ pieces
- In a separate small bowl combine peanut butter, beetroot molasse and just boiled hot water. Mix well with a small whisk (or spoon)
- When well mixed, add peanut mixture to dry ingredients and mix well again by hand. Work fast, because molasse mixture cools down quickly
- Put into small silicone molds (I use two tea spoons for that) and refrigerate for at least 2 h
—–YOU MAY ALSO LIKE—–
Would you like to get more recipes?
Please take a look into my first cookbook!!!
Best reviewer writes about this book: Dr. Alisa Palatronis has “cooked up” a very interesting cookbook! I am intrigued by the ingredient choices for some recipes and can’t wait to try them all! My palate is anticipating them all. I did try a few right away since I had the ingredients on hand. The Mascadates from Bożena and Almonds in Heaven were very tasty! I also tried the Hello Hasselback Potato too, they were delicious!! My next recipe will be Delights from 1001 Nights for a sweet treat since I love chickpeas.
This cookbook is one of a kind and I look forward to trying all the recipes and passing it along to my vegan friends and non vegan friends alike. Thank you Dr. Palatronis for this special treat, you have a way with enticing ones palate with your pictures and ingredients combinations.
One thought on “Coco-Beet Bonbons”