Woman’s cycle is a mystery, or the very organized internal order of living. In many cases when trying to conceive, a basic knowledge of woman’s cycle is ignored, or not taken with a proper attention. Here you may read what kind of activities are good to go BEFORE ovulation.
FOR WOMEN ONLY
Food/herbs/activity beneficial for conceiving
BEFORE OVULATION ONLY!
(approx. 1st-14th days of the menstrual cycle)
- By stimulating menstrual flow and activity, ginger cleanses woman’s whole blood during menstruation period, cleanses and prepares uterus for getting pregnant (use during first 7 days of a menstrual cycle)
- clove buds
- Clove is reported as aphrodisiac, carminative (relieves flatulence or abdominal pain or distension), antispasmodic. It is reported to be useful in conceiving in high doses and act as a contraceptive in low doses. To be sure about the proper dose (the author could not find the exact amount of “high” and “low” doses of cloves), just use clove only during first 7-14 days of a menstrual cycle, i.e., before YOUR’S ovulation (1)
- enemas and laxative/detox herbal teas
- as a menstrual bleeding itself is a kind of rejuvenation, cleansing of a system before the possibility to get pregnant, so any kind of additional cleansing/detox is also beneficial
- grapefruit juice works as a little boost for cervical mucus production
- Grapefruit contains chemicals called furanocoumarins. When they are absorbed in the blood and sent to the liver, furanocoumarins temporarily disable CYP3A4. This means that for a short period of time—a few hours, perhaps—your body doesn’t have what it needs to break down estrogen. For this reason, estrogen hangs out in your body for a bit longer than it normally would, causing estrogen levels in your body to be higher (2, 3)
- healthy soy products like home-made soy milk, bio tofu and tempeh
- soy is a source of amino acid L-Arginine, which opens blood vessels, increases blood flow to the ovaries, uterus and genitals (3)
- avoid soy products like soy proteins in powder or soy meat because they are highly processed, refined products; also avoid soy sauce because of a very high salt content
- green tea, a cup in a day, increases fertile cervical mucus (3)
- drink clean, fresh water
- castor oil pack
- self-fertility massage
Related posts on this blog:
Common food ingredients which disturb conceiving / Prophylactic self-isolation series. Day 281st.
Bridal dance by the Bird of Paradise / Prophylactic self-isolation series. Day 312th.
Sitting till a stage of addiction / Prophylactic self-isolation series. Day 302nd.
Soy milk for good / Prophylactic self-isolation series. Day 314th.
Are you driven by estrogen? / Prophylactic self-isolation series. Day 239th.
Prophylactic self-isolation for emo-C evaluation. Day 133rd.
Next Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Next Tuesday let’s talk about what kind of food/herbs/activities are beneficial or should be avoided at any cost after Ovulation. Stay tuned!
- KOBA, K., et al. Antibacterial Activities of the Buds Essential Oil of Syzygium Aromaticum (L.) Merr. & Perry from Togo. Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature, 2011, vol. 1, no. 1. pp. 42-51.
- How Drinking Grapefruit Juice Could Increase Your Cervical Mucus by Lindsay Meisel, 2017, online source: https://www.avawomen.com/avaworld/grapefruit-juice-cervical-mucus/
- How to Increase Your Fertility by Janet Stephens, book’s online source: https://books.google.pl/books?hl=en&lr=&id=hXrgDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PP11&dq=grapefruit+juice+fertility+cervical+mucus&ots=h-9d6b_M9k&sig=TjAHHTFK7GS9lKCLxW-OKhDQnbA&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=grapefruit%20juice%20fertility%20cervical%20mucus&f=false
Images and text © Dr. A. Palatronis / www.z-antenna.com