I read the article by Ava Tripathy called “7 Ways to Beat Self-Doubt and Stop Selling Yourself Short“. I recognized myself in this article… and many thanks for Ava to sharing such useful information!
In that article, Signs That You Worry Too Much About What Others Think are so real and true, probably for many of us, or maybe not:
Signs That You Worry Too Much About What Others Think
- too afraid to say what I really think or believe
- think and believe that people are upset with me
- do things that I didn’t really want to do
- too scared to do something different
- I used to do most of the time what others told me
- I used to overthink a lot!!!
You may really want to read the original article (external link) to learn the 7 ways how to overcome the doubts, and all of them really work well. I will briefly list those here:
7 ways to overcome the doubts (by Ava Tripathy):
- Accept The Fact That Pleasing Everyone Is Not Anyone’s Cup of Tea
- Practice Acceptance & Self-Love
- Why Do You Even Care?
- Try To Focus On Being In The Moment
- Hey, Life Is Too Short….life is too short for worries
- People Just Don’t Care!
- Find & Stay With Your Group Of People.
However, these 7 ways work for a short time. Later again I (you) forget about it and the circle starts again. Have you noticed it? What is the core problem, why we forget and repeat the mistakes again?
The core problem is within. To get closer, I would like to add my 3 non-standard ways to the Ava’s proposed ones. I pass on the baton in dealing with overthinking , here are my thoughts:
My 3 (additional) non-standard ways to overcome the inner worries and not to be sensitive to others:
1. Remember, your (human’s) body is not only a head
For a tadpole, a head forms most of its body and manifests most of its LIFE functions.
For a human being, a head forms approximately 5th part of a whole body by volume.
While overthinking in your head, where is the rest of your body? aha! You forgot about it totally!
When you catch yourself with overthinking – move your body! Send a physical message to a head (a 5th part of a whole body by volume) by moving your body. This is a simple, easy and funny way to remind yourself that a human being is not a tadpole. A human being is designed by Nature to feel the manifestation of life not only in a head area, but also in a whole body!
You may move just wrists, or hips, or lay on the ground and raise hands and legs up, shaking them – make a funny reminder for yourself about the body in whole! You would notice – the mood will change to better at once!
Repeat it to remind yourself physically about the body as much times as you need, just get rid of overthinking by moving a body. Have you noticed – sportsmen are usually out of overthinking. How do I know? It is seen on their faces – no worries there. I maybe wrong in some extent, but everyone would agree – after a good sports the mood is much much better and elevated.
2. YOU may think about others, not about yourself about whom others are thinking:)
I guess, the trouble of self-doubts disappear when we surround ourselves with love.
Even a stranger would be a right person, if love is within.
What do I want to say?
Well, one summer day it was too hot to be true, I saw a homeless person whose head was probably overheated. I brought a bottle of water for him from a closest supermarket, I wished him to have a good day and went my way later.
Next day I was waiting in a line outside and saw plastic bag, flying my way on a street. I catch it and put into a bin.
Yesterday evening, a bug has visited my bathroom. I took it carefully and let it swarm outside in a fresh air, what would be its future staying inside?
The moment we start thinking about others – that is the moment when overthinking and self-doubts are replaced by love, by love to Universe and its Life. Each alive creature and Nature by itself matter.
3. Blue chakra – the Throat Chakra – rules
it is not something from outside that disturbs you – that is always YOU who decide whether to swallow it or not
According to Sadhguru, the Indian yogi of XXI century, the Throat Chakra is a filter, it has an ability to filter anything that enters you. In Hindi, it is called Vishuddhi.
In his book “Body the Greatest Gadget”, Shiva (the god Shiva is one of the most important figures in the Hindu belief) is mentioned as Neelakantha – one who has a blue throat (1).
Throat chakra is located in a throat area and has a blue color. One who has a blue throat does not allow any poison (physical, mental, emotional, vibrational, any) to enter his/her system.
The core is in understanding that it is not something from outside that disturbs you – that is YOU who decide whether to swallow it or not.
I will present my ways to strengthen Throat Chakra in the upcoming post on October 22, 2020 in the rubrics Thursday in the Emotional Valley
- KOBA, K., et al. Antibacterial Activities of the Buds Essential Oil of Syzygium Aromaticum (L.) Merr. & Perry from Togo. Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature, 2011, vol. 1, no. 1. pp. 42-51.
- How Drinking Grapefruit Juice Could Increase Your Cervical Mucus by Lindsay Meisel, 2017, online source: https://www.avawomen.com/avaworld/grapefruit-juice-cervical-mucus/
- How to Increase Your Fertility by Janet Stephens, book’s online source: https://books.google.pl/books?hl=en&lr=&id=hXrgDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PP11&dq=grapefruit+juice+fertility+cervical+mucus&ots=h-9d6b_M9k&sig=TjAHHTFK7GS9lKCLxW-OKhDQnbA&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=grapefruit%20juice%20fertility%20cervical%20mucus&f=false
- Mind is Your Business / Body the Greatest Gadget by Sadhguru. Jaico Publishing House, 2019
I bought the book Body the Greatest Gadget by Indian yogi Sadhguru online. I will get small commissions from Amazon if you would buy this book by following the link below. Anyway, you are welcome just to check it out there, no obligations!:)