We were at the market yesterday, and a friend of mine has got a present from one farmer – two organic fresh broccoli! hooray! What do you think to do with it, my friend?:) Here is a fresh recipe if needed:)
Before you start
P. S. 1 h in passive time is needed for the salad to sit on a counter
Basic rule: before you start you may wash/clean and drain/dry vegetables, herbs, fruits and other ingredients when needed
|broccoli , small, fresh||1-2||1-2|
|red bell pepper||1-2||1-2|
|feta cheese (optional)||100-150 g||0.2-0.3 lb|
For note: one small broccoli with leaves and stem is 500-600 g / 1.1-1.3 lb
How to make it:
- Cut broccoli into small florets
- Cut off the ends and core of bell pepper and take out the seeds, cut it in pieces
- Add broccoli florets and bell pepper into a food processor (3/4 of the way full) and pulse it until small pieces are formed
- Move the chopped mass into a serving bowl
- Cut into pieces and add feta and mix
- Let it sit on a counter for 1 h to get maximum benefits from broccoli. It is ready!
You may find my another recipe with broccoli here:
Important to know:
- Choose smaller broccoli (500-600 g / 1.1-1.3 lb) – it is more likely to be organic and not boosted with agro-chemicals
- You may use a few drops of liquid from feta cheese package as a dressing
- Moderate amount of salt is crucial to release mucus and toxins from a body. We usually feel cravings for salty food because a body is overfilled with mucus and toxins, with unnatural food we eat (1) That is why salted feta is in this recipe, but!
- But Do not add salt additionally to any of salads – it causes juices of vegetables and herbs to release – now all the taste will be in salty liquid on a bottom of a bowl, but vegetables by themselves would become less tasty
- You may use other kitchen utensils like grater, sharp big knife or even blender to shred broccoli and pepper, but the taste and general feeling while eating will change. You would agree – raw broccoli is hard to chew, yes it is. But with a food processor you will get another consistency and much more pleasure while eating!
- According to Prof. A. Ehret (1866-1922), one should eat as simple food as possible, mixing not more than 2-3 plant products for a dish (1). And that should be a whole breakfast, lunch or dinner – just a dish consisting 1, 2 or maximum 3 plant ingredients.
1-2-3 ingredient dishes are easy to make and easy to digest. You may already find more 1-2-3 ingredient recipes on my site:
- To get maximum well-feeling benefits from broccoli you should follow a few things:
- use raw broccoli
- cut in into pieces
- let it stay on a counter for 1 h
Why to use broccoli raw, cut and wait? I will explain it in the post this Friday, October 2, 2020 in the Al’chemist on Fridays rubric:)
- KOBA, K., et al. Antibacterial Activities of the Buds Essential Oil of Syzygium Aromaticum (L.) Merr. & Perry from Togo. Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature, 2011, vol. 1, no. 1. pp. 42-51.
- How Drinking Grapefruit Juice Could Increase Your Cervical Mucus by Lindsay Meisel, 2017, online source: https://www.avawomen.com/avaworld/grapefruit-juice-cervical-mucus/
- How to Increase Your Fertility by Janet Stephens, book’s online source: https://books.google.pl/books?hl=en&lr=&id=hXrgDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PP11&dq=grapefruit+juice+fertility+cervical+mucus&ots=h-9d6b_M9k&sig=TjAHHTFK7GS9lKCLxW-OKhDQnbA&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=grapefruit%20juice%20fertility%20cervical%20mucus&f=false
Mucusless Diet Healing System / A Scientific Method of Eating Your Way to Health, 2013. Ehret Literature Publishing Company, Summertown, Tennessee. The book by Professor Arnold Ehret (1866-1922). 1st edition was published before 1922
I bought the book Mucusless Diet Healing System by Professor Arnold Ehret online. I will get small commissions from Amazon if you would buy this book by following the link below. Anyway, you are welcome just to check it out there, no obligations!:)