It seems that fresh vegetables for daily menu is mission impossible, because they spoil quickly, and, -What is important!-, vegetables are chewy, non-digestible and not tasty!!!😀
Here are some tech-tips how to deal with celery stems in such a way, that it would stay fresh for weeks and eatable as salad ingredient:)
a) Tech-tips for storage:
- Choose to buy those which are without plastic package. That is much possible in summer time; in winter time – ensure you will recycle the plastic package properly
- Just after you bring celery stems from a (super)market – unwrap them from an original package and wrap into aluminum foil as shown in the picture below
- Keep in a refrigerator with other vegetables; for up to 2 weeks they should feel fresh and juicy!
I’ve got an idea how to keep celery fresh longer from a smart and positive lady Melissa on Clean my space channel, you can watch a full video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRQsM3lpdWE
b) Tech-tips before putting into a salad
- Wash and dry celery stems
- Cut the ends of celery stems
- Peel the outer layer of a stem using a regular vegetable peeler
- Cut into pieces/cubes as needed for a salad!
Photos and video by Dr. A. Palatronis on www.z-antenna.com